Today I had reason to drive for a few hours in the car by myself. This allowed for lots of think time and my mind wandered. I decided to make a list of wonderings, nothing earth shattering, but items to ponder as I drove. Here’s my list:
- How much money is enough money to have?
- Why do they board planes from the front to the back? Wouldn’t it be more efficient to board back to front?
- How can you get people to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem?
- Will the Detroit Lions ever win another Super Bowl in my lifetime?
- What will my students remember from my class in 5 years? 10 years? 25 years?
- Has the medical community done us any favors by helping us to live far beyond our “usefulness” only to hurt/or be miserable in the final years of life?
- If I won a million dollars, how would I spend it?
- What would stop hatred in the world and promote mutual respect?
- If I could invite 8 people to dinner, living or deceased, who would it be?
- If I had not gone into teaching, what profession would I have chosen? How would that have changed my life?